Bumblefoot ? (Pictures attached)

ProudRedneck

Songster
Apr 11, 2022
Fruit Cove/St Augustine FL
I'm pretty sure Daisy has bumblefoot happening but after soaking in warm Epsom Salt yesterday for 30 minutes, I went to remove what I thought was a scab on each foot, it started bleeding and he was jerking his foot away. Can I get a confirmation from yall on if this is indeed bumblefoot and advise on how I should proceed given Daisy's reaction to the procedure I attempted yesterday?

TIA, Angela

Daisy's left foot
20221024_095403[1].jpg

Daisy's right foot
20221024_095411[1].jpg

Usually you have to soak many days to get the scab to come off easy. I’d just keep soaking and watch these. If swelling starts then you should open
Will do

I tried putting Neosporin on the spots and wrap his foot with vet tape but I couldn't get it to stay. So will just soaking it each day and letting it dry back out be helpful? Or do I need to soak his feet, put neosporin, wrap them, and make sure he stays out of the water until I can get the scab to come off?

Last edited:
For now just soaking should be enough if after a week of soaking your able to pull the scab off with out resistance then you can see if there is anything inside that needs to come out. If there is we’ll go from there. Sometimes even with a small scab like yours has doesn’t necessarily mean bumble.

Back
Top Bottom