Bumblefoot treatment question!

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by keltown, Oct 23, 2016.

  1. keltown

    keltown Out Of The Brooder

    21
    1
    26
    Mar 13, 2016
    Santa Rosa, CA
    My Brahma has bumble foot on both feet. We were going to treat her ourselves but it's supposed to rain all week. Our plan was to soak the foot in Epsom salt and remove the scab and dig out the stuff. I've heard different optinions on bandaging it. We were going to bandage but with the rain coming I'm not sure if I should wait. She's also very skittish, had to pull her off the roost last night to even look at her, lowest on the pecking order too so don't want to remove her from the flock. Any suggestions welcomed!!
     
  2. redsoxs

    redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

    25,645
    1,834
    463
    Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    I would treat her sooner rather than later. Perhaps house her in a dog crate with food and water to keep her feet dry until the weather turns. I agree about not letting her walk around in the wet with her freshly doctored foot, but I wouldn't wait on bumblefoot. Good luck to you! :)
     

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by