bumblefoot wont clear out.

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by urbanfarmer101, Dec 2, 2010.

1. urbanfarmer101

urbanfarmer101 Chillin' With My Peeps

I have cleaned it out twice. Today I worked for an hour. I removed a thimble full on yellow stuff again today. I'm not sure I even got all of it. How do I know if it's clear? Poor girl was panting and pooing like mad.

2. viktoriacl

viktoriacl Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 23, 2010
    You just have to keep cleaning it out and washing it so you can see that you are down to nice healthy tissue.

3. urbanfarmer101

urbanfarmer101 Chillin' With My Peeps

It is like pulling splinters. I find a new piece, pull it out, think I have it all then there is more. She has two bumps on the top of the foot to clean and one on the bottom. They one on the bottom is pretty much healed, but the two on the top keep getting black scabs on them. Today I opened that one so deep, I think I was at the underside of the foot, and I don't think I got all of it out. It seems like it spiders around in there. I pulled out the plug about a week ago. I thought I had it all then.

4. viktoriacl

viktoriacl Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 23, 2010
    You can try plushing it too. Use some sterile water (Just boil it for ten mins and let it cool off) Use a syringe if you have one and squirt water in thetre to get it all out. If you dont have a syringe you could use a buld syringe or even a water bottle(like poland springs) put a small hole in the cap and squeeze the water into the hole. Just keep going squirting it in there untill the water coming out runs clear and there is no visible gunk in there. If you cant get at it all you may have to make the hole bigger to access it all. Dont forget to pack it with neosporin and wrap it up.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by