Bumblefoot?

Pics

PearlTheDuck

Songster
5 Years
Oct 19, 2016
Texas
Woke up this morning to my duck Maggie limping, checked her foot and found this huge lump, I'm sure it's bumble but just wanted to see what y'all thought. I soaked her in warm Epsom salt water for 30 minutes then sprayed it with vetericyn and wrapped it up this morning and I'm soaking her again right now, except I'm going to spray Microcyn poultry care on it, someone told me it works better than vetericyn so I went and bought it today. I feel horrible for her, she doesn't want to put any pressure on it, even when I soak her she tries to stand on one leg.

IMG_20170924_121028.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20170924_121028.jpg
    IMG_20170924_121028.jpg
    358.9 KB · Views: 10
So I've looked everywhere in my town and i haven't been able to find the clear iodine (I'm just going to order some) but the spray I've got has been working, this morning while i was soaking her the scab fell off, i just sprayed stuff on her and wrapped it up. Do i need to try to get anything out of her foot? Is the spray the only thing i should be putting on it?

What did you see? Pus in poultry is thick and yellowish so you may have to take some sterile tweezer and pull the plug out or it may just be a hole with nothing in it I have seen both. You can pack it with antibiotic ointment or spray? Just keep as clean as possible till hole is filled in and healed.

What did you see? Pus in poultry is thick and yellowish so you may have to take some sterile tweezer and pull the plug out or it may just be a hole with nothing in it I have seen both. You can pack it with antibiotic ointment or spray? Just keep as clean as possible till hole is filled in and healed.

I'm soaking her right now, and I'm guessing all that on her foot needs to come out
20170927_191038.jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom