Bumblefoot

Kangaroo24

In the Brooder
Jun 15, 2019
69D17B77-8363-439A-ABD3-4BE596BA6AEC.jpeg
D7E7C232-C934-4BDB-8036-75EF09D32A34.jpeg
44D2B523-BCFC-4B32-A492-842DE254FDA3.jpeg

Not sure if this is bumblefoot or something else-thoughts? No open sores or scabs

I had a rooster get Bumblefoot (more like Bumbleleg) this past summer. He didn’t have any sores under his foot, but I found a small cut on the side of his leg. The infection travelled down and settled in his foot ultimately. It wasn’t noticeable until I saw him limp…. by then his leg and foot were a little swollen. Maybe check top of foot and up the leg? I hope ducky gets well soon. It looks painful.

That looks like bumblefoot. We have a Pekin with bad bumblefoot right now and she doesn’t have a scab either, just swelling. Is the duck limping? Do you have a vet you can see?

That looks like bumblefoot. We have a Pekin with bad bumblefoot right now and she doesn’t have a scab either, just swelling. Is the duck limping? Do you have a vet you can see?
I’m sure I can find one- is there anything I can do for it at home?

I’m sure I can find one- is there anything I can do for it at home?
We just started treating our duck with Baytril and Tricide Neo soaks, but it’s too soon to tell if it’s making a difference or not. I’m feeling cautiously optimistic about the Baytril, though.

Many people recommend soaking the foot in Epsom salt--I'm not sure if this would help when a scab or plug isn't present.

We just started treating our duck with Baytril and Tricide Neo soaks, but it’s too soon to tell if it’s making a difference or not. I’m feeling cautiously optimistic about the Baytril, though.

Many people recommend soaking the foot in Epsom salt--I'm not sure if this would help when a scab or plug isn't present.
Epsom salt can be effective at reducing swelling. The reduction in swelling would give some pain relief as well.

It looks like it could be bumblefoot. Most recommend soaking in warm Epsom salt water and putting neosporin on. Plus wrapping it and keeping it dry.
I don’t see a scab though, so maybe just soaking it will alleviate the swelling.

The first pic is kind of cute with the duck peeking up over the foot. 😍
Her name is Bumble- she came from a hoarding case- I’m hoping we can fix what ails her. :)

Back
Top Bottom