1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Bummed..../ should i try again

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by CrazyChickens09, Mar 29, 2012.

1. CrazyChickens09

CrazyChickens09 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 14, 2009
    SC Kansas
    Set 6 eggs on March 7. Two hatched, two had weird veining issues, the last two I don't know what happened. I am glad at least two survived. Should I try again?

2. builderone

builderone Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 8, 2011
    Gotta keep trying it may have been the eggs,handling,turning.temp or humidity. Just try again and take notes they may help. everyone gets a bad batch sometimes.

3. bobbi-j

bobbi-j Chicken Obsessed

Mar 15, 2010
    On the MN prairie.
    Of course you should try again! And again.... and again.... and again..... [​IMG] It's very rare to get a 100% hatch.

4. DCasper

DCasper Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2012
    Benton, KY
    Yes, you should try again. You have already learned the hardest lesson that sometimes things don't work out like we hope with chickens.

5. CrazyChickens09

CrazyChickens09 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 14, 2009
    SC Kansas
    I am not going to give up; I just didn't know seasonally wise if it would be wise to start another batch this late in the season.

6. bobbi-j

bobbi-j Chicken Obsessed

Mar 15, 2010
    On the MN prairie.
    I think the season's just getting started. My local farm supply store hasn't even started selling chicks yet.

7. minpinmama

minpinmama Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 24, 2010
    As bad and frustrating as it can be, never ever give up.
    Check your bator, go over in your mind what could of happened, be thankful for the two you got and try try again

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by