Bummed

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by meowoui, Dec 16, 2013.

1. meowoui

meowoui Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 11, 2013
    Beaverton
    I just found out the guy we got our hens from will longer be selling hens[​IMG]we wanted to add a few more hens to the flock I guess we won't be for I cannot find anyone close to the Beaverton area. OH well.[​IMG]

Good news though all of the hens are laying now Let go laid her first very light green egg this AM she is the odd one out for the others lay brown ones, that is OK we still love her the same.[​IMG]

Karen

Last edited: Dec 16, 2013
  2. The Yakima Kid

The Yakima Kid Cirque des Poulets

There are several feed stores and at least one store that emphasizes backyard farms and gardens in the Portland area that sell chicks in the spring.

3. meowoui

Aug 11, 2013
    Beaverton
    Thank you for letting me know, the problem with getting chicks is I go to school and my husband works full time and we would not be able to take care of the chicks and I'm doubtful the hens would take care of the peeps.

Karen

4. The Yakima Kid

The Yakima Kid Cirque des Poulets

Check with the feed stores and urban farm stores; they often know of people who have POL pullets available. Also, check with the local 4-H groups - some groups raise laying birds and sell them at the 4-H shows held at the country fair or through other channels.

5. meowoui

Aug 11, 2013
    Beaverton
    Thank you again, I did do the urban farm store he said that he did not know of anyone, feed store the same but I never thought of 4H, I will look up some information on the 4h.

Karen

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by