Bump on leg of baby chicj

rosiesrc

Hatching
Mar 22, 2021
One of our 2.5 week old chicks is not growing as fast and we discovered a bump on its leg. It’s been sleeping a lot more lately and I am thinking it may not survive much longer:(. Is there anything we can do?

Attachments

• 7747EF26-6E11-4D90-96DA-742525AE03F9.jpeg
    7747EF26-6E11-4D90-96DA-742525AE03F9.jpeg
    596 KB · Views: 12
That looks like an infection of some sort maybe try to find some antibiotics and start giving her electrolyte/nutrient water for the time being, make sure she keeps eating also chicks that get sick starve themselves. I hope she pulls through!

One of our 2.5 week old chicks is not growing as fast and we discovered a bump on its leg. It’s been sleeping a lot more lately and I am thinking it may not survive much longer:(. Is there anything we can do?
I agree with the above, but try listing this is in the emergency/injuries page. You might get more responses there.

That looks like an infection of some sort maybe try to find some antibiotics and start giving her electrolyte/nutrient water for the time being, make sure she keeps eating also chicks that get sick starve themselves. I hope she pulls through!
Is it likely that we will use the anitiotics for some others at some point in their life? What type of antibiotics are good to have on hand?

Chickens get respiratory infections fairly easy so it'd be a good idea having antibiotics on hand the only kind I know that you can get without a vet prescription is tetratex which is used for fish but works on chickens

Back
Top Bottom