bump on side if beak

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by birdface, Nov 20, 2011.

1. birdface

birdface Out Of The Brooder

May 27, 2011
    Downingtown, Pa
    So I was out giving my birds a bath and a dust since I just found mites on them. I noticed one has a bump in the corner of its beak. Kinda looks like a mole that would have a hair growing out of it. Ha. What could it be?

2. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Could possibly be an ingrown feather. Happens sometimes. Would need a picture to say with more certainty.

3. birdface

May 27, 2011
    Downingtown, Pa
    ill have to do it tomorrow. but its right i the corner of her mouth, right where it "hinges''

4. birdface

May 27, 2011
    Downingtown, Pa
    So here are some not the best pics....the bump in questions is the brownish looking blur. Could that really be an ingrown feather? And she also had some goopy/bubbleish looking things in her one eye this morning, same eye as below. With the mites, mystery mole, and possible snots( which i havent seen today), is she worth all the problems? She doesnt seem miserable or in pain. She eats and drinks normally. But with all the problems and the chance of getting the rest of my girls sick, is she worht keeping or just putting her down?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by