Bump on the head

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by Pjchicks, Aug 5, 2013.

1. Pjchicks

Pjchicks Out Of The Brooder

Aug 4, 2013
    Nevada City, CA.
    I have had my chicken for about 3 weeks. When I brought (5) of them home I was told they were 12-13 weeks old. I have one that is a Golden sex link and she now has this bump on:( her head that is the size of her head :( I asked the people at the feed store if they knew what it was, but they did not know. She doesn't seam to be bothered by it, I would just like to get a heads up if there is anything I can do to help her???

2. ChickenCanoe

ChickenCanoe Chicken Obsessed

Nov 23, 2010
    St. Louis, MO
    Just sayin', feed store people know where they store the chicken feed but probably haven't spent a day in vet school.

3. Pjchicks

Aug 4, 2013
    Nevada City, CA.
    Very True!!
    I am new at this chicken thing, but it does amaze me when you're buying how much they seam to know and when there is a problem you can'nt get a straight answer. Never Never going there again. Looking for people in my area with chickens to talk with.
    [​IMG]

4. ChickenCanoe

ChickenCanoe Chicken Obsessed

Nov 23, 2010
    St. Louis, MO
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2013
  5. Pjchicks

Aug 4, 2013
    Nevada City, CA.
    Four days ago I remove a block of chicken food which was supposed to be like a treat looked a little like a salt block ( not sure what else to call it) My sex link chicken with the bump on her head is showing improvement :lol:
    So lucky to have son in law which has been amazing in helping me with my new chickens
    questions! Also was told bump on her head may be from calcium and could go away when she starts laying eggs.
    Have adding three new chicken to my flock happy to say its going better then I thought is would.
    :lol::D:)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by