Bundle up just to overheat in the car?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by farrier!, Dec 6, 2009.

1. farrier!

farrier! Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 28, 2009
    Southern Illinois
    Am I the only one that has a problem with this?
    Anytime I ride with other people in the winter I melt. Why do people dress for being outside then crank the heat up so high in the vehicle it is hotter then the inside of the house? I end up sweating then when I do escape outside I freeze because I am so damp!

So now I am often driving down the road with a tee shirt on with Jan who has a sweatshirt, shirt and heavy winter coat and my daughter who has a coat on (she has a bit of an excuse for sitting in the back seat) The worst thing is that I am often too hot even then.

I rode with some friends to Memphis a bit ago. I had to take off my sweater. When we arrived they let their 5 year old out. He had a winter coat on and a blanket on him. Poor kid was sopping wet!

2. Cetawin

Cetawin Chicken Beader

Mar 20, 2008
    NW Kentucky
    Irritates me too. Just happened to me yesterday. I am in a sweater and a jacket, the fool driving has the heat set at 80. WTH? So, I was rude....I opened the window. [​IMG]

3. Wildsky

Wildsky Wild Egg!

Oct 13, 2007
    California
    I hate it when I have to go shopping, and its a blizzard outside, but you get into the store all bundled up and its a very sauna in there, then you have to unload all your jackets etc. and then your shopping cart is full and you feel like you're people are staring as you walk out without paying for all those jackets........ [​IMG]

4. Iowa Roo Mom

Iowa Roo Mom Resistance Is Futile

Apr 30, 2009
    Keokuk County
    I can remember riding in my pop's work truck, he'd have the heat blasting and a window down. [​IMG] Said it was so he could have the best of both worlds... [​IMG]

5. Dar

Dar Overrun With Chickens

Jul 31, 2008
    I hate the "bundled up" feeling of a winter coat, then you add the mittens and then the hat or touque. plus the seatbelt on top of that... somethings gotta give...

unless I am shoveling snow i never wear anything warmer then a fall jacket i just can i feel like the Michelin man

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by