bunnies are like potatoe chips... You can't have just 1

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by jeaucamom, Mar 19, 2008.

1. jeaucamom

jeaucamom Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 1, 2007
    Ophir, CA
    Okay, so it happened like this. I promised Austin and Caity rabbits OR chicks, but not both. So they both choose rabbits. Pretty smart kids considering they know I am chicken addicted enough to get chicks enough for everyone. Anyway.... there was a rabbit show the day after the chicken show up here in Grass Valley so we went and there was a girl who wanted to get rid of her rabbits. They are as sweet as can be. I mean, how gracious of God to let me keep my promise for free!! So here is Midnight and Jack, our free rabbits.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

So then I am in the pet store to get two 99 cent wood chew toys for the rabbits...... And walked out with a cage and two Jersey Woolys and all the shin digs. I seriously need a pets anonymous..

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I think there are going to be Fuzzy and Wooly!! They all have the best personalities.

2. silkiechicken

silkiechicken Staff PhD Premium Member

How cute! At first glance at the title, the thought of bunny shaped potato chips came in my head... boy I need to get some rest.

3. Maidservant

Maidservant Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 20, 2008
    Norwich, Norfolk, UK
    You have the same thing I do...bunnyitis...

I currently have 6 adults, 6 rex/mini-rex 8 week old kits, and 11 New Zealand kits.

Grand total = 23....

Not the most I've had, but not by far the least!

Running total of chicks = 38, and I'm going to pick up 25-26 more on April 3rd, lol.

Emily in NC

4. lacyloo

lacyloo Cooped Up

May 26, 2007
    north florida
    ok what breed is that big black one that being held upside down??

I have one just like it and would like to know the breed,

5. jeaucamom

jeaucamom Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 1, 2007
    Ophir, CA
    She said that that one is a mixed breed, but for the life of me, I can't remember which breeds. She has a big dew lap (?). We are really new to rabbits and know as much as could fit in a thimble. Sorry!!

6. PurpleChicken

PurpleChicken Tolerated.....Mostly

Apr 6, 2007
    Iceland
    Don't show those pics to my wife please. I can't build any more rabbit cages
    plus I've used up my remaining barn space with my dedicated silkie coop.

7. Fancy Feather Poultry

Fancy Feather Poultry Cooped Up

May 30, 2007
    [​IMG] I dont need any bunnys I dont need any bunnys I dont need any bunnys I dont need any bunnys I dont need any bunnys I dont need any bunnys I dont need any bunnys I dont need any bunnys I dont need any bunnys I dont need any bunnys I dont need any bunnys I dont need any bunnys I dont need any bunnys I dont need any bunnys I dont need any bunnys I dont need any bunnys I dont need any bunnys I dont need any bunnys I dont need any bunnys I dont need any bunnys I dont need any bunnys I dont need any bunnys I dont need any bunnys I dont need any bunnys I dont need any bunnys I dont need any bunnys I dont need any bunnys I dont need any bunnys I dont need any bunnys I dont need any bunnys I dont need any bunnys I dont need any bunnys I dont need any bunnys I dont need any bunnys I dont need any bunnys I dont need any bunnys I dont need any bunnys I dont need any bunnys I dont need any bunnys I don I dont need any bunnys I dont need any bunnys I dont need any bunnys I dont need any bunnys I dont need any bunnyst need any bunnys I dont need any bunnys I dont need any bunnys I dont need any bunnys I dont need any bunnys I dont need any bunnys I dont need any bunnys I dont need any bunnys I dont need any bunnys I dont need any bunnys I dont need any bunnys I dont need any bunnys I dont need any bunnys I dont need any bunnys I dont need any bunnys I dont need any bunnys!!!!!!!!!!!

I had to get that out of my system because TSC got bunnies 2 weeks ago, and I have been trying to keep from begging dad to buy me one LOL!

8. ibpboo

ibpboo Where Chickens Ride Horses

Jul 9, 2007
    always changing
    Oh, they all are so cute. And no wonder you came home with more, those are really really cute! [​IMG]

9. hazelton farms

hazelton farms Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 4, 2008
    NC
    Emily in NC (Maidservant) ... What can I do to maybe get a male mini rex from you?? I need one! [​IMG] I'd like a pair of those NZ's too... Any chance of that??? Here's ta hopin'!

Stacy (in NC)

10. hazelton farms

hazelton farms Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 4, 2008
    NC
    JC... first thought...beautiful HUGE rabbits..what a good deal.. FREE! then I kept scrolling down and bam! more rabbits! LOL!!!! They are all beautiful!!!

Stacy

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by