Bunnies, bunnies everywhere!

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by Alaska animal lover, Jun 23, 2008.

1. Alaska animal lover

Alaska animal lover Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 30, 2008
    Palmer, Alaska
    All these posts about bunnies make me want one![​IMG]

2. goatkeepers

goatkeepers Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2008
    Mooresville, NC
    My post should cure that! Pray that you never have to find orphaned baby bunnies- especially if one's infested with maggots!

Now, if you're thinking about a grown pet-bunny. Go for it. They are great pets! [​IMG]

3. Alaska animal lover

Alaska animal lover Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 30, 2008
    Palmer, Alaska
    Poor bunny!

I was thinking of the happy little pet bunny.

4. goatkeepers

goatkeepers Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2008
    Mooresville, NC
    Yeah, I am thinking about getting one of those eventually. Have you checked out flemish giants? [​IMG]

5. asher

asher Chicken Enabler Extraordinaire

Jan 26, 2007
    Mountains of NC
    hehe I have some bunnies for sale! WOOT! I highly suggest getting them young and handling them a lot if you want them as pets.

6. MissDeb

MissDeb Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 22, 2008
    Mat-su Alaska
    Alaska Animal Lover Im in your area and have Flemish Giants if your interested. Here are just a few of my girls.....Mamma is the steel, the two smaller girls Sandy is about 4 months and the light grey is just 8 weeks. We have a brand new litter, looks like we have steels and light greys, their sire is 20lbs, mamma is 15lbs. We handle them constantly, and continue with their socialization until they go to their new homes. They end up being alot like a small dog by the time you get them.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 4, 2008
  7. AK-Bird-brain

AK-Bird-brain I gots Duckies!

May 7, 2007
    Sterling, Alaska
    I was going to offer her a baby If she was coming down to the peninsula but it looks like you have her covered locally.
    Your so luck, those are huge! I use rabbit poo to feed my compost worms, I bet your rabbits could feed an army of worms.

8. MissDeb

Apr 22, 2008
    Mat-su Alaska
    Hi AK Bird Brain!

I love these big guys! They are wonderful. I can't see owning any other breed. Our idea's of having nothing but meat rabbits went out the door when we got our first purebred that took her first leg towards her GC. We still have meat rabbits but it seems to have taken a back burner to the purebreds.
    We use our poop in the compost as well, I tried to give a bunch away but it didnt seem like anyone wanted to come get it.

I'll be at the Soldotna dog show next weekend, Im excited to be able to get down to the peninsula, its such a beautiful drive!

Debbie

Last edited: Jul 4, 2008
  9. AK-Bird-brain

AK-Bird-brain I gots Duckies!

May 7, 2007
    Sterling, Alaska
    Give us a holler when your headed down, Mrs.AKBB is always wanting company to show her girls off to. You can check out my worm farm, with that many bunnies you should start your own worm farm. They make great treats for chickens.

10. MissDeb

Apr 22, 2008
    Mat-su Alaska
    Worms.......hummm.....I can see my husbands face now! We already have 4 dogs, (two bullmastiffs and two Griffs) 20 chickens and a few very large rabbits. But shoot me your number I'll give you a call when I get down there. I'll be there from Thurs-Sunday. I dont know how much time I'll have, it depends on how the dogs do at the show....But I'll certainly try!

Debbie

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by