Bunnies - doe not having on her due date any one had a similar problem ?

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by Sam091599, Mar 2, 2014.

1. Sam091599

Sam091599 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 2, 2014
    I have been raising rabbits for many years and have never had a problem with kindling like this before . Anyways . I have a holalnd lop doe she is bred to a holland lop . Her due date is today and yesterday she built a nest and really I scratching around in her cage and really think I'm felling kits when I palpate her . Just usually my does have there baby's on there due date I have has a doe have them 3 days late but usually that's with my lion-heads .
    Has any one had a similar problem ????? Should I try to induce her if she hasn't had them tomorrow ?
    Thanks for all and every answer I get !!

2. SA Farm

SA Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 11, 2013
    Ontario, Canada
    [​IMG] I have had does take a few days extra to kindle. Just give her some time. I always give them until at least day 35 before I rebreed.

3. Sam091599

Mar 2, 2014
    Thanks so much for replying ! Yeah I think she is bred but mabye she is carrying a smaller litter ?

4. SA Farm

SA Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 11, 2013
    Ontario, Canada
    Possible, I suppose. I had a doe that normally kindles right on day 31 take two extra days bred to a different buck. Same number of kits though [​IMG]

5. Sam091599

Mar 2, 2014
    Yeah It may just be the doe ? Who knows ? Maybe In a few days she will have them most of my does have them on day 30 for me but Maybe 31 days for her ? :) I have a different litter of bunnies (holland lops ) that was born Saturday and the mom had five baby's . 3 of the baby's are doing great and are really fat And healthy but 2 of the a baby's are clicking when they breathe and open there mouths and act like they are getting stiff . I don't knew what to do ? My doe seems to be. Pretty good mom but here's baby's don't look fed eaither they look like she hasn't cleaned these 2 up. ( like lick them up when she is feeding them ) They are very warm and she pulled a ton of fur ! They seem to be opening theirs mouths when they breathe and if you listened they are clicking in the throat area !?!?!? I haven't had any thing like this to me before ? The mom seems to be just taking care if 3 and 1 of the 3 seems better fed then the rest . They were doing fine last night and yesterday I just don't know why they seem to be asperating !!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by