Bunny Boy advice!

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by whittychick, Aug 29, 2014.

1. whittychick

whittychick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 28, 2013
    Cape cod
    My bunny's fur is clumping and is shedding like a beast! Winter coat coming in already? Seems a little early!
    [​IMG]

2. whittychick

Jul 28, 2013
    Cape cod
    [​IMG]

3. whittychick

Jul 28, 2013
    Cape cod
    No comments?? Disappointed

4. blkjak

blkjak Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 18, 2014
    Manitoba Canada
    My rabbits have started getting their winter coats but I live in Manitoba. It is getting close to 0 at night here.

5. Chickerdoodle13

Chickerdoodle13 The truth is out there...

Mar 5, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    I've been seeing geese migrating since the beginning of august, which is earlier than usual in this area of New York. Our trees are also just starting to turn. I fear a bad, early winter!

6. Bunnylady

Bunnylady POOF Goes the Pooka

Nov 27, 2009
    Wilmington, NC
    IME, rabbits usually shed during the summer months. Dramatic shifts in temperature or apparent day length can also trigger a molt; rabbits that spend some time indoors can get really confused about what time of year it is. Some rabbit seem to be almost constantly molting; this can be genetic, and it is something that breeders try to breed away from.

7. daneblackburn

daneblackburn Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2013
    Indiana
    I have one shedding now as well

8. CoolClucker

CoolClucker Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 10, 2013
    Central USA
    Totally normal. My Holland lop boy is molting really bad. I just brushed him out today and there was enough fluff to make a pile as big as him! Make sure to brush him b/c if he ingests too much hair he can get stasis from it. Look for poo that looks like string of pearls, that's hair in his poo. A sign he needs more brushing. And lots of hay as usual to help him digestively. [​IMG]

9. whittychick

Jul 28, 2013
    Cape cod
    Thank you thank you everyone!!!! Glad to know it's normal! I've been brushing and giving lots of hay!! All of my animals are shedding/molting right now it's awful!!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by