Bunny help

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by fat betty, Nov 23, 2013.

1. fat betty

fat betty Out Of The Brooder

Nov 8, 2013
    Texas
    I have two female bunnies they've been together since they were just weaned they were in the same cage with one male when they were both pregnant the male went in a different cage he got out and got killed by our dog we put both females in different cages they were very aggressive to each other they r not pregnant but still aggressive to each other one starts gently pulling out out the others hair and eating it they r calm at first then all of the sudden they start fighting we would really like them to get along and every time they r close to each other they chew and eat on all types of material

2. SA Farm

SA Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 11, 2013
    Ontario, Canada
    I would recommend just keeping them separate at this point. Obviously there are some territorial issues going on since you already separated them once. You could try re-introducing them on neutral territory and if that works, into a cage that has been cleaned and sanitized so it will be neutral for them and see how that works. Otherwise, separate.

1 person likes this.
  3. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Welcome to BYC - good advice given by Kathryn P.

4. fat betty

Nov 8, 2013
    Texas
    One is a week older ( the one that usually starts to fight ) is that have any thing to do with it

5. cafarmgirl

cafarmgirl Overrun With Chickens

It is the nature of rabbits. Female rabbits will very often fight and it's best if they are kept separate if that behavior occurs as the fighting can become very brutal in the blink of an eye.

Our current bunnies are two females that were raised together. Both are spayed. They live in separate hutches. They are right next to each other and seem to enjoy the presence of the other but they are both very territorial about their own space.

6. fat betty

Nov 8, 2013
    Texas
    One of my rabbits r eating every thing jackets shirts jeans foam like crazy I can't hold her without her eating my cloths

7. cafarmgirl

cafarmgirl Overrun With Chickens

Rabbit's like to chew, some are worse then others. What are you feeding them? Do they have plenty of good hay to keep them busy?

8. fat betty

Nov 8, 2013
    Texas
    We feed them alfalfa pellets and give them chewing blocks and hay occasionally

9. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by