Bunny Hutch Coop

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by tdgill, May 18, 2009.

1. tdgill

tdgill Chillin' With My Peeps

Look what i drove 4.5 hours to pick up from my brother in Pittsburg
    [​IMG]

its 7 ft long by 3 foot wide. I plan on enclosing the bottom half with hardware cloth for a run area.

Last edited: May 18, 2009
  2. selinagil

selinagil Chillin' With My Peeps

Kewl!!!!! I'm getting ready to build one kinda like that. [​IMG]

3. tdgill

with tolls and gas, it cost $80 to pick up. I am not sure what it cost to build but I think its worth it, if nothing else saved me time and gave me an excuse to visit and got it outa his yard.

4. selinagil

My husband said it's gonna be like $150.00 so I think you got a good deal!! Plus a mini road trip! [​IMG]

5. tdgill

thanks! I'm glad to get a second opinion [​IMG]

6. tdgill

wondering how much of the box I should enclose if any. roosts nest box etc.

7. chills

chills Out Of The Brooder

Apr 7, 2009
    thats huge .. did it hold a mammoth bunny ?? i think that was a total score! .. sorry i have no answers for you on the conversion .. good luck and share more photos of the conversion if you take em .. thanks

8. selinagil

I think I would chicken wire around the legs for a run underneath and make a little staircase and a hole for them to walk down there. As for a nest box you could put one in the back corner and make an acess flap to collect eggs. Lots of possibilities for the hutch!! [​IMG]

9. LilbitChicken

LilbitChicken Chillin' With My Peeps

May 5, 2009
    AWESOME pick up! YOur chickens will love it![​IMG] Definitely worth the trip![​IMG]

10. tdgill

here's a front view while I try to decide how I should set up my coop. I have the wire for the bottom run, thinking about external nest boxes and enclosing a weather proof area or not...I don't know, might just add on an enclosed coop

[​IMG]

here's its biggest fan

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by