Bunny Pix-show yours?

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by chickenlisa, Oct 1, 2007.

1. chickenlisa

chickenlisa Invincible Summer

Apr 9, 2007
    We just got 2 minilop bunnies -both females. My husband just said "I figured that was coming" when I told him that I was going to look at a bunny friend for Jewel b/c she needed company.The big fat one is a rescue-she's 4 yrs old-Jewel. The other one is from a breeder-she's 1 yr old-Sable. Here they are...
    #1 Jewel
    [​IMG]
    #2 Sable
    [​IMG]
    #3 Meeting each other in a neutral place
    [​IMG]

Can we all send bunny pix? I'd love to see them all! I love their little faces,ears, and their little twitchy noses!
    Lisa

Wife, mom of 5 kids, 2 dogs,3 cats,1 fish, 2 bunnies,50 chickens, and 8 ducks

2. NewHopePoultry

NewHopePoultry Overrun With Chickens

Apr 9, 2007
    Troy,Missouri
    Heres my rabbits.

Wild Willow is a standard fawn rex, and George is an Chestnut Agouti meat rabbit(well a pet, but he was bred to be meat)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. firechicken

firechicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 11, 2007
    Covington, GA
    Sable is probably the cutest bunny I have ever seen.

4. bantymum

bantymum Chillin' With My Peeps

I love bunny pics, those are beautiful,
    here is Anekin and my son Mikey resting on his pillow!!
    [​IMG]

and Scratchy eating apple blossoms with fluffy and her chicks on the grass!!

[​IMG]

5. Frozen Feathers

Frozen Feathers Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2007
    Maine
    Love bunnies! [​IMG] I have a question though, do the lops tend to have ear infections and such? I've never had a lop eared bunny and just curious if they require more care.

Bantymum, your son and that bunny look so sweet together!

6. bantymum

bantymum Chillin' With My Peeps

Hi Ange, I havent had any ear probs with them, I know what you mean though, I used to breed cocker spaniels and they are prone to canker and "Panalog" was always on hand, the mini lops look like cockers especially from behind!!!
    Thanks, as you can see we will need to get Mikey to a dentist soon!!!but thats a different story and this is for bunnies!!

7. broncbuster07

broncbuster07 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 25, 2007
    Waxahachie, TX
    I found these little guys on Sunday morning. They were in a pile of brush that I burned on Saturday night. I just couldn't leave them out there for the fire ants to get. we didn't have any milk replacer, so I gave them my wife's breast milk on Sunday and Monday. Last night, we finally got some kitten milk replacer and they are loving it. I think they're gonna be just fine.

This is on Sunday, right after I found them.
    [​IMG]

This is this morning.
    [​IMG]

Here's all 3 of them this morning. They're cottontails.
    [​IMG]

I'll probably just let them loose around 4 weeks.

8. lurky

lurky Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2007
    Western MA
    OOhhhh....their poor mommy must be freaking out. Its too bad they cant go back where they were. She probably wouldn't go back to care for them. How did they not get burned?
    They are lucky you found them. I think i would name them lucky, lucky and lucky [​IMG]

9. lurky

lurky Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2007
    Western MA
    OK...so this might not count....but i dont have a real bunny......but this is my bunny.
    She is a maltese, but when she was a tiny puppy she looked just like a little white bunny. so my daughter asked to name her bunny. We agreed and when we got home she sat in the grass eating the clover. So she is my bunny and she loves to try to get the chickens to play with her.

[​IMG]

10. broncbuster07

broncbuster07 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 25, 2007
    Waxahachie, TX
    Quote:They were in a hole about the size of a cereal bowl toward the outer edge. They had ashes all over them. In the first pick you can see they were kind of ashy. I thought about leaving them, but the mother had about 5 hrs to come and get them, and she didn't. They already were screaming from the ants biting them, so I took them in. I've raised baby squirrels, skunks and racoons before, so I have some experience.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by