Burglary

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by BrendaJ, Jan 13, 2014.

1. BrendaJ

BrendaJ Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 1, 2012
    Oregon
    So in early December we had a man break into my truck & our out buildings as well as my chicken coop.The many attemps to get into the house failed. We have video surveillance & were able to view who & when it happened. We turned everything over to the police. Good news is they got him. He went on a 8 hr crime spree & we were only 1 of the victims. The video shows him peeking in all the windows, checking doors & stealing an arm load of items. I cant understand why he kept going into my chicken coop - did'nt hurt them or take eggs. He damaged the door but it was fixable. Its really a disturbing feeling. We went to court today - he got 5 yrs for his 8 hr adventure. Our Video helped prove his alibi was a bunch of bull. He has an extensive past.
    If you dont have video surveillance i really recommend you get some form of it. You can buy a unit or go with a company but how ever you choose it will be worth it.

[​IMG]
    I wont post his face but this is one of the pics i got from our video...

2. It must be awful to have had that happen, [​IMG]It is good you had the cameras to catch him.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2014
  3. BrendaJ

Sep 1, 2012
    Oregon
    It really was. Thankful he didnt get into the house but it sucks not feeling safe on your own property [​IMG] I wont be a victim though & thats why i went to court to testify. He was in the court room too - seeing him face to face brought out anger & fear but im glad i had the courage to be there & speak to the judge.

4. rufus

rufus Overrun With Chickens

May 17, 2007
    He was addressing the issue of income inequality.

5. BrendaJ

Sep 1, 2012
    Oregon
    ??????? No he was addressing the fact that he was making yet another bad choice in his life. He has a long history of drug use & prison time according to the rap sheet i was given by the court. If he has income inequality issues maybe he should pick a different path in life.
    I don't deserve this - that's for sure!!! No matter what his issue is he has no right to come onto my or any ones property & take what he wants.

6. conny63malies

conny63malies Overrun With Chickens

Mar 22, 2008
    Annetta Kentucky
    Where we move to and where our friends live that behavior will get you the wrong side of a shotgun and possibly a long nap in a mineshaft. given you don't lay down when told to hold still and get tied up.

7. herfrds

herfrds Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2010
    Montana
    Good thing you had that set up Brenda. Been thinking of getting a set up ourselves. We might be way out but we still get the weird vehicle driving around.

This man needs to start making better choices in his life.

8. BrendaJ

Sep 1, 2012
    Oregon
    Agree :) & lucky we didnt catch him !!

9. BrendaJ

Sep 1, 2012
    Oregon
    I really do recommend them. We have had it for a couple yrs now & its the first time it was needed. Paid for itself. I do hope he changes his ways - next time he might not get so lucky.,

10. rufus

rufus Overrun With Chickens

May 17, 2007
    I was alluding to the idea that some people have that they have a right to take that which others have worked for. We will see a lot of that in the future.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by