Burien, WA 2 silkie roos need a new home from

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Khyree, Dec 6, 2009.

1. Khyree

Khyree Out Of The Brooder

May 9, 2009
    Burien
    I have 3 roosters in my flock when really i should have none. I think i'll be able to keep 1 of them, but 3 in a pen is a bit much. I have no idea if they are show quality or not as i have them for entertainment and eggs. I've included some pics and feel free to ask questions. [​IMG] I'd offer all 3 up but then the one silkie hen i hatched out would be surrounded by standard ameraucanas and wellsummers with no buddies of her own anymore. (yeah out of 5 chicks hatched only 1 is a girl. what is up with that!?) So big white is a pure white silkie with what i think is a proper comb. Red has some black tail feathers and then a few bits of black penciling around the neck but not much. They will both submit to being picked up and i have given them a buzz cut near the eyes a few times. They were all hatched out in the end of june.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The last picture has all 3 roos hanging out together. They get along fine. They just make a lot of ruckus in the morning.

I hate to offer up any of them but i'd also like to get some sleep and that's not going to happen on my 1/2 acre with now 3 crowing roosters. [​IMG]

2. Funky Feathers

Funky Feathers former Fattie

Jan 15, 2009
    Maryland
    My Coop
    Wow, that Buff roo is nice looking! Would be really nice breeder quality if he had some feathers on his middle toe. But he looks gorgeous. I no longer have Buffs, or I would have wanted him. I hope you find a good home for him. [​IMG]

edited for typos.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2009

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by