Burlington IA swap Aug 10, and Sept 7, 2008.

Discussion in 'Chickenstocks, Shows, Meet-Ups' started by wren, Jun 28, 2008.

1. wren

wren Chillin' With My Peeps

May 27, 2007
    St Augustine, FL
    It is coming up fast! Lots of everything. $2 entry fee-ends at noon so get there early.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2008
  2. Keisha

Keisha Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2007
    Iowa
    Cant make it to this one, I wonder how the turn out will be.
    Are there any more swaps in Iowa coming up ?

3. wren

May 27, 2007
    St Augustine, FL
    Southeast Iowa Pigeon Club

Buy sell trade days

Aug 10, 2008 and Sept 7, 2008

The turn out was good...maybe 80% of normal. I don't know about any other swaps right now.

4. farmgirlie1031

farmgirlie1031 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 26, 2008
    IA
    I didn't make it to this month's swap but hope to make it to the next one. I figured hardly anyone would be at this one anyways being it was a holiday weekend. I brought home too many last month [​IMG] Not really but I doubled my flock [​IMG] in just a short 2 hours at last month's swap.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2008
  5. wren

May 27, 2007
    St Augustine, FL
    You know what kills me is that many wanted $6 for old hens that were missing half of their feathers. $4 for old hybrid hens.

They just sat there unsold.

6. farmgirlie1031

Apr 26, 2008
    IA
    I saw a lot of birds I wouldn't ever think of bringing home. I did get lucky last month and get a breeding flock of Gold Laced Cochins and some really nice chicks from a BYC member. I am now hatching out some of the Gold Laced and waiting for the others to grow up [​IMG]

7. momof3

momof3 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 5, 2007
    Iowa
    I missed this one. I wanted to go. I'm trying to get my dh to stay at Fun City next time on the saturday before the swap. That way I can get their the earliest I ever been. We are taking chicks, chickens and ducklings to the swap in Sept.

8. farmgirlie1031

Apr 26, 2008
    IA
    I'll look for you in Sept.[​IMG] If you are confused my user name was angelandspot before when I bought some from you. Do you have any crested ducks? I had my crested out playing in the pasture and before I could do anything a dog came racing over and killed it:( I don't let them out now except in a better fenced in area (that a dog can't crawl under) so hopefully that will never happen again.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2008
  9. momof3

momof3 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 5, 2007
    Iowa
    Oh sorry to hear about your duck. We have a crested duck. She was suppose to be a runner. Well shes not. She hatched out babies but none of them have crest. I thinking of putting in an order at Cackle. They have crested ducklings. If you want I could see if I can have some crested ducklings added for you?

10. NewChickenMom

NewChickenMom Chillin' With My Peeps

May 16, 2008
    Omaha, NE
    is the piegon club swap in burlington, ia too? are chickens/ducks/geese at the swap? or just caged birds

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by