Burmese python (pic)

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by amystours, Apr 24, 2008.

1. amystours

amystours Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 23, 2008
    Alexandria, Louisiana
    This is probably not what y'all are expecting in your buy/sell forum, but I think I'm ready to let Kitana go on to another home. Think this has turned into a one-snake household. I'm keeping my Ball python, Aiden.

She's a normal colored Burmese, approximately four feet long. She readily takes either frozen/thawed food or live. She sheds beautifully, but does not like to be handled and will readily bite, and she means business!

I'm not 100% positive she's a female, although I did "pop" her, and didn't see any hemipenises (plural??)

I haven't decided on a price for her yet, if you come up with something before I do, just let me know. Just be aware that this snake is capable of reaching 20 feet in length and weighing around 200 pounds!
    [​IMG]

2. theOEGBman

theOEGBman Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2007
    Central California
    She is gorgeous! I have Corns, but am not ready for a Burm! Good luck finding her a good home with some who has a lot of snake experience! [​IMG]

3. amystours

Feb 23, 2008
    Alexandria, Louisiana
    I saw the CUTEST corn the other day at PetSmart....hubby said NO before I could even get "Awww" out of my mouth.

Kitana just has too nasty of a disposition for me. She was mean as a little tiny baby as well. Thought she got out of that for a while, but this house just may be too "busy" for her, she may need some place with a little less traffic and/or kiddos running through. She needs someone who has time to mess with her more often, then I'm sure she'll come around, she's young.

I have her posted over on the snake forum, as well, so I'm sure somebody will come along that will take great care of her. If all else fails, the alligator farm already said they wanted her for their snake habitat. She would get great care there, but no interaction. I would like to offer her to an individual first, so that she has the chance to be socialized. Excuse the tank....guess I should have cleaned it BEFORE I took pics!
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 24, 2008
  4. theOEGBman

Jan 13, 2007
    Central California
    I have 6 corns and I love em. Most of them are so sweet, but I do have one male that is a bit nippy. I've heard that Burms are more of a *look at, dont touch* kind of snake. She sure is beautiful though. What's in the tank above her?? Good Luck!

5. love-my-wolves

love-my-wolves Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2008
    Front Royal, VA
    [​IMG] My hubby won't let me, he's scared of snakes. Such a wimp! If I can get my 3 kids to love and play with snakes, what's his deal? Sheesh. I'm so jealous, I had some as a teen, and have wanted more ever since. Well, after 12 years he finally let me get my wolf, so maybe another 12 and I can get my snake, right???? [​IMG]
    She's definetely a beauty, though. Hope she gets the right forever home!!!

6. dreammaker8482

dreammaker8482 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 23, 2008
    Liberty, NC
    We have like, a million snakes. Our burm (an albino) is blind due to bad breeding. He is absolutely gorgeous, and we are very lucky he is friendly. A mean blind snake is not a good thing :eek:! Most burms are not known for their cheery demeanor, but some people like a challenge. Try craigslist.org, and post in your region under PETS. You would be surprised how many people go there to find stuff. Good Luck!

PS- I am sure that my BF would take him/her if we werent so far away....

7. amystours

Feb 23, 2008
    Alexandria, Louisiana
    Quote:That would be Lieutenant Dan....that's my Bearded Dragon who just happens to be missing his two front legs! Don't know how, he was an abandonment just like Kitana at the PetSmart where I used to work. He's amazing, we love him to death.

[​IMG]

Aiden is in the tank below Kitana, he's just the most precious thing, so sweet!

[​IMG]

8. CrowinKing

CrowinKing Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 29, 2007
    PA
    your bearded dragon prob lost his legs when he was a hatchling due to his siblings they have a tendancy to chew on each other!! Or he hatched that way! either way there pretty cool looking!!!

9. HorseFeathers

HorseFeathers Frazzled

Apr 2, 2008
    Southern Maine
    oh my gosh, she's gorgeous! I want a snake SOOOOOO badly (I've had lots of wild garters and milks) a ball python or a corn, but my mom (SeaChick) says I have to earn it. [​IMG]

Right now I have a wacko leopard Gecko, Salvatore. He thinks he's a cat (licks himself all over, twitches his tailtip when stalking crickets), sleeps at night (leopard geckos are supposed to be nocturnal), and sheds a few times a month (they're supposed to shed 2-3 times per YEAR, but Salva's perfectly healthy; my hypothesis is that he's actually a dracling (that's a baby dragon, by the way) or some sort of mutant). He has a BEAUTIFUL pattern with a little heart on his head. I'll try to post a pic...

10. theOEGBman

Jan 13, 2007
    Central California
    Quote:I agree on that! Mine were nutso. I have a Bearded Dragon as well, I had 4 adults but now I only have one. He's really cute!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by