Burnt feathers and now bleeding

Hubbyofbirdlady

Songster
6 Years
Jan 3, 2017
Southern Iowa (Lamoni)
My Coop
My Coop
I have a beautiful polish rooster who during the cold nights kept burning his feathers on the heat lamp. I adjusted the lamp after I noticed and sense then he was fine, I was just waiting for warmer days now for him to grow his feathers back. But today, I noticed three wing feathers on one side seem to be bleeding, I think he and my goose got into a fight with him. Anyway, he will live, but my question is will the feathers grow back? or will he never show off his once beautiful self again?

I have a beautiful polish rooster who during the cold nights kept burning his feathers on the heat lamp. I adjusted the lamp after I noticed and sense then he was fine, I was just waiting for warmer days now for him to grow his feathers back. But today, I noticed three wing feathers on one side seem to be bleeding, I think he and my goose got into a fight with him. Anyway, he will live, but my question is will the feathers grow back? or will he never show off his once beautiful self again?
I'm curious, since it seemed he already has his feathers, why is there a heat lamp in with him?do you have a momma with babies in there to?

Back
Top Bottom