Burping puppy...

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by fleenorfarmmom, May 11, 2008.

1. fleenorfarmmom

fleenorfarmmom Out Of The Brooder

Mar 9, 2008
    Blountville, Tn
    I have a great pyrenees puppy that is 10 wks old. He lives here on the farm with our other dogs and gets some of his puppy food, but eats kibble with the other dogs too. But he burps constantly, and gets the hiccups really easily. Any idea what it may be? He seems to feel fine, no vomiting or diarrhea, good appetite, just burpy. Maybe he just needs some yogurt.

[​IMG]

2. dfunnyfarm

dfunnyfarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 2, 2008
    ks
    I don't have any advice for you- sorry. I just wanted to say that I have a spaniel that did that alot as a puppy (hiccups and burping) she is now 4 and still burps and gets hicups although not as often as when she was a puppy.

3. EllyMae

EllyMae Chillin' With My Peeps

Same here...our basset used to get hiccups frequently as a pup. My pug had other issues...GAS. I have all of my dogs on a dog food for sensitive stomachs (salmon is main ingredient) and that seemed to remedy the problem.
    Maybe your pup is just going to have digestive issues that can be fixed with a certain type of food.

4. sred98

sred98 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 18, 2008
    Oklahoma
    If it's something you just noticed, you may want to worm him. Sometimes, tapeworms and roundworms can cause dogs to burp. If he's been doing it all along, maybe he just has a nervous stomach. Or, he could be eating trash outside, dead animals, etc. Watch his diet.

Shelly

5. Rosalind

Rosalind Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2007
    Get him wormed. Mine was wormed no less than eight times before the vet declared him worm-free. He kept picking up hookworms.

Try the yogurt if he gets a little windy or the runs.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by