Business Card Idea's?

Clydach-Poultry

In the Brooder
8 Years
Dec 22, 2011
Hello Everyone!
Next year I would like to breed a lot of poultry, And to gain more customers I thought I could make some business cards? Does any one have some examples or idea's.
Thanks,
Callum
D.gif

Is Clydach Poultry the name of your business? Where are you located? Ideally for any business, you would work with a graphic artist to make your own logo. They can help you make sure you're not trying to use a copyrighted image, and work with you to incorporate things that may be unique to your concept.

My SO has a heavy hand in graphic design, and the most important thing about the logo is to have something that makes it unique. This can be something important to you that's completely unrelated to your business, or it can be something unique about your business - will you breed rare heritage breeds? Are you focusing on fads? - a slogan and logo will take you a long way coming across as a legitimate breeder and businessman rather than a run of the mill "backyard chicken farmer".

Yes Clydach Poultry is the name of the company & we are located in Wales UK, We have a logo ready we were wondering about business cards, Thanks Loads!
Callum

I don't know if they serve the UK as economically as they do here, but Vista Print is the company my hubby ordered business cards from online for his computer networking business.

I use VistaPrint, they have the vest prices, sometimes they offer 250 cards for FREE, you just pay for the shipping and uploads if you put your own pics on it. See mine below:

bcard1.jpg

From a Google search (of course this should be appropriately formatted for a business card):

Company Name
Your Name, Your Title

Business Address
Phone Number
Email Address

Website

Since you are offering several different breeds of poultry, I would list your selection on the reverse side. This will prevent crowded text on the front of the card. Plain text (not frilly, lacy or funky) will make your card easy to read and straight to the point.

Indeed, print your contact information and graphic on the front, and what you offer (products, breeds, services etc.) on the reverse side. Perhaps in bullet format?

For me it would be:

~Natural Omega 3 enriched Duck eggs
~Welsh Harlequin ducklings
~Cayuga ducklings
~All natural artisan milk soaps
~Silver Fox Rabbits for pets, meat and show
~Small livestock boarding
~Handcrafted Artisan Jewelry

It will pull your "family of products" and offerings into one business card and will jog the memory of anyone who takes a card and stashes it away-- when they read it again they'll remember "Oh, I wanted to buy soap from this person again" instead of asking themselves "why do I have this business card for a farm, again?"

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom