Business License

Clmmlm

Hatching
Dec 8, 2022
At what point does one need a business license? I want to test out selling duck manure and water on places like craigslist and facebook, but I wasn't sure of the legalities. Can I test it out first to see if the market is even good enough? Can I put a label on it? or would it then really be classified as a business? I've been googling like crazy, but I'm still not certain and hoped there might be someone with experience here. Thank you.

Have never heard of such a thing.
I give my chicken manure to a friend for adding to their compost,
about 6 gallons every few weeks from 16 birds.
You'd have to have an awful lot of manure to sell enough to be a viable business.
Labeling for fertilizer sales would probably include testing for nutrient levels.

I wish I could sell chicken poop. I saw this at the feed store last time I was there.
1670541079270.jpeg

You also might want to consider the liability involved. The manure would need to be very well composted or cooked to prevent the spread of harmful bacteria and/or parasites.

I wouldn't worry about it but if you want to be all above board if you plan on making over $400.00. Get a sole proprietor license so you can get a EIN number from the irs to pay taxes.

Thank you everyone! I think I will skip trying to sell it. It is really a miracle fertilizer for me. I can’t grow anything, but I put some duck water or bedding/compost on things and they grow like crazy! There’s just too much liability with something so gross I guess 😂

Back
Top Bottom