Business Owners Christmas Tipping

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by NYboy, Dec 12, 2010.

1. NYboy

NYboy Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 12, 2009
    White plains
    Small business owners how much do you give for Christmas? Employees? garbagemen? mailman? cleaninglady? Deliveryman? Anyone else you tip this time of year?

2. mississippifarmboy

mississippifarmboy collects slightly damaged strays Premium Member

I give all my employees a small bonus in a Christmas card the last day we are open before the Christmas shut-down. The amount is based on how long they have been with me.

3. PineappleMama

PineappleMama Chillin' With My Peeps

DH works at the family business and the Christmas Bonus is always different every year... it's all the money the coke machine takes in all year long, divided by the employees (not counting FIL and his Bro Owners)... FIL stocks the machine, so it does cost him some, but the money is doubled by customers (and staff) so it's a mix of business and customer tipping.

I think it's pretty dern clever myself.

And that's usually the funds that DH uses to buy my Christmas gift... otherwise I'd know how much he spent, where he spent it, etc. Works all around for us.

4. Ms.FuzzyButts

Ms.FuzzyButts Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 5, 2009
    North Alabama
    Quote:Same here... Only difference being, that I give new employees a bonus that is equal to a 1 year employee. It isn't their fault they didn't get hired until late in the year... After all, it is Christmas!

5. Dunkopf

Dunkopf Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 24, 2010
    Kiowa, Colorado
    I give them one of those M&M candy canes. I've always loved those things.

6. NYboy

NYboy Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 12, 2009
    White plains
    What about service people, Like Fedx, mailman ,

7. Orchid

Orchid Chillin' With My Peeps

May 10, 2010
    North Central MN
    I don't tip delivery people.

We do give our employees a bonus at Christmas, based on how long they have been here and how much we can afford! We do the same as Ms. FuzzyButts (love that name!) for new employees.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by