Thank you to fowlweatherfriends sticky post on helping remove a chick from her egg. I had one that zipped 1/2 around the shell, 36 hours ago and quit. Was still alive and pipping but didn't seem to make too many attempts to get out. I had another chick hatch yesterday morning and while the hydrometer said it was 55% the poor thing wasn't drying out by that evenig. Hard decision because that baby needed to dry out and other needed the moisture. I dropped the humidity to 50%, what I felt was safely the lowest I should go for the other chick. The chick that was out finally dried out mostly and I busted him out this morning (day 25), then found fowlweatherfriends instructions and I helped that poor 1/2 zipped chick. She was awkwardly positioned in there that I think made it hard for her to continue to zip. I soaked the stuck area with the que-tip and worked at just removing the shell around making the zip. She moved a bit but not helping. I removed more shell from the bottom (leaving the membrane in tact). When I got to the bottom I put her back in the bator and let her finish, which she did!!! She's chirping away, and as soon as she dries I'll put her with the others and then water test the few that are left and I'm actually hoping I'm done! I'm so exhausted from 5 nights of checking on and battleing with humidity and temp and the sick chick that died, that last night, I slipped going UP the stairs and hit my knee on the stair so hard I can hardly walk today! I was in a car accident a few years ago and need back surgery so I was glad I was going UP and just hurt my knee! Geez, I need to go back to work! This is exhausting! Thank you all for all the help and support. I wouldn't have the chicks I have of this impossible hatch if it wasn't for this forum.