BUSTER!!! here you go England in the Summer as I promised......

Quote:
I'm waiting for airfare to come down to $100.
lau.gif

ROFL......if it comes down that much I am coming over to you mah wahhhh

Any time, EC, any time!
smile.png

Here is my story again about the lady from Great Britain from the other thread for Jena. I had a hard time finding it myself so when I did I copied it.

When I was a teenager, there was an elderly woman who lived in England who was visiting some people who knew my aunt in Pennsylvania. My aunt invited her to stay with her for a bit. Well, my mom has 7 other siblings, so this delightful woman was passed around the entire country among all of my mother's family. We had the pleasure of her visiting us two or three times over the years before she passed away.

Just so you know, there are 8 siblings in my family as well, scattered all over the U.S.
wink.png

Quote:
EC, you are on. For the tea near the farmhouse and I would love to do the dig there too. You have Nant Ddu, and I have Pen-y-Fan, but spend most time on Merthyr Mawr.

Buster I did read the thread about the woman from England. I am not surprised at all that she just stayed there with your family.

I have a cousin who lives in New York, and her aunts lived in Colorado.

They all stayed over there because of the hospitality they received when they went there. I also have friends in Ontario, Canada. My uncle used to live there too.

But, Buster, Buster, did you say you live near Yellowstone?????

Mount St Helen????? THE MOUNTAIN!!!!!!!

My favourite mountain. lol.... I know it is not exactly there but close by. I did a long study on Mt St Helens for an A Level before I went to University, so I am hooked. lol.....

Jena.

Quote:
EC, you are on. For the tea near the farmhouse and I would love to do the dig there too. You have Nant Ddu, and I have Pen-y-Fan, but spend most time on Merthyr Mawr.

Buster I did read the thread about the woman from England. I am not surprised at all that she just stayed there with your family.

I have a cousin who lives in New York, and her aunts lived in Colorado.

They all stayed over there because of the hospitality they received when they went there. I also have friends in Ontario, Canada. My uncle used to live there too.

But, Buster, Buster, did you say you live near Yellowstone?????

Mount St Helen????? THE MOUNTAIN!!!!!!!

My favourite mountain. lol.... I know it is not exactly there but close by. I did a long study on Mt St Helens for an A Level before I went to University, so I am hooked. lol.....

Jena.

Yes I'm really close to Yellowstone. Mt. St. Helens is a bit farther but in this general region. You better plan a stop here LOL!

Thanks Buster,

I would certainly drop by. I know Mt St Helens is quite some distance. But would love to see that classic view of the mountain after all the pictures I ooked at for my study.

Well while I am dreaming of my adventures I found some more views of Wales.

This is close to where I live, very pretty in the autumn. shares colours with New Hampshire, and has the most amazing trees. Just up the road from Chepstow Castle.

This abbey is just below the village where I did my Dig for university.

This is Katherine Jenkins, singing about our pretty little country. lol.

lots of good comes in small parcels,

Lol... just to wet all your appetites.

take 2minutes and enjoy the peace,

Jena.

Just found this thread!!! Wonderful pics of your garden EC...I am totally envious as I would love my garden to look like an English cottage garden... I keep trying...The pics of Wales reminds me of Scotland...Majestic is diffinately the word for Ben Nevis and it's surrounds...
We have visited Scotland on a whirlwind tour of 6 days...as a gift to our youngest for graduation from High school... need to have a full month to be able to absorb more...I want to go back and see more...
the castles are amazing and awsome just to think how old they are...
My English side comes from Land's End & My husband's Scotish side is the Gordon's...Which we found out that they were origanally Normans that the king granted them land... Our youngest son Andrew is totally into the history of the Scots and Celts...
I would love to go on a dig Jena...that would be awesome...
EC I am all packed and ready as soon as the snow melts...
old.gif

Back
Top Bottom