Buster is on the job!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by MissPrissy, Feb 19, 2008.

1. MissPrissy

MissPrissy Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

May 7, 2007
    Forks, Virginia
    Buster is a barred rock cockeral in the main house of my laying pullets.

This morning FINALLY has shown he knows what he is doing and doing it right.

I found my first fertile egg! Yayyyy!

Now here is what I am curious about.

If I set eggs from him and my buff orps can I get the a barred buff chick? If I take the very best of those barred chicks and breed them can I get a better barred buff chick? I am not much into mutts but just curious about this right now.

2. ozark hen

ozark hen Living My Dream

Apr 4, 2007
    Mansfield, MO
    I don't have your answer but I hatched some mixed chicks and I am not sure of what I have or which ones parented it. It has some feathering down the legs...have one lt. brahma roo who is white, and then some barring...have one dominique. They are just getting their "feathers" so it will be interesting. I am very curious to know what you will get...hatch them and let's all find out. [​IMG]

3. SillyChick

SillyChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 15, 2007
    Congratulations! [​IMG] Feels very good to have hopes to a new chick! [​IMG]

A barred buff chick.......hmmm.......I'm not quite sure, but I believe it's possible. I heard many people having lots of mixed breeds, like an Austrolorp and Silkie cross. Yes, I suppose possibilities are very high. Have your hopes up!

Good luck! I'm sure you'll have a very fine and happy chick!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by