Buster Loves His New Baby

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Lolalilu, Jan 29, 2012.

1. Lolalilu

Lolalilu Out Of The Brooder

Jun 27, 2011
    [​IMG]

This is Buster, the American bulldog with the first chickie from my son's Easter Egger. The rooster is a golden laced Polish. I can't wait to see how it grows. A big, fluffy beard and big, fluffy "hairdo" would be so awesome. I hope (oh please, oh please, oh please) it's a pullet.

2. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers

This is the most adorable photo I have ever seen! Okay, one of the most adorable, but it's very high up on that list!!
    [​IMG]

I hope the chick is a pullet too!

3. Lolalilu

Jun 27, 2011
    Thanks! My sister was the one who took the photo. I thought it was sooo cute! It was a busy day for the little chickie. It hatched, met its momma, met some people, ate an ant, met Buster, met its "grandpa" (my son), and tried to walk on its wobbly little legs. [​IMG]

4. HiddenHens987

HiddenHens987 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2011
    Adorable picture! [​IMG] its a pullet too!

5. Englishjodes

Englishjodes Out Of The Brooder

Jan 11, 2012
    Victoria, Australia
    Awww chickie babie got a bodyguard! [​IMG]

6. kaybats

kaybats Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2011
    that is so cute! i love pictures of dogs with chickens. I so wish I could trust my dogs with my girls!

7. Lolalilu

Jun 27, 2011
    Buster is a huge dog and can come off pretty fierce, but he is such a good boy. He'll just sit and watch the baby with this expression like he is totally fastenated.

So far this is the only baby that hatched. I'm thinking the other eggs are duds. So sad.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2012
  8. Lolalilu

Jun 27, 2011
    And.... it's a boy. [​IMG] Bummed.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by