The ground in front of the steps was getting muddy after a few spring rainstorms and after an incident where I slipped and planted my butt in mud (and chicken poop ) I decided to install some stepping stones. I got plenty of help (more like inspections) from the girls. Once we started digging, the girls go into a digging frenzy in search of worms etc. At least one decides the opportunity is just right for a dust bath. Here is a better look at our coop. Sorry about the junk lying around, our coop is an ongoing project and while 99.9% done, there is always some little thing around that needs fixing up. Meanwhile, inside the coop the girls were apprehensively eying our new waterer. Minutes later they were trying out the water. Previously I used a 3 gal waterer hanging from the ceiling on a chain but it got a little tedious hauling a bucketful of water down the hill every day so hopefully this will work better. The finished sidewalk.