Busy woman angry at farm store?

moms Tree

In the Brooder
6 Years
Sep 15, 2013
I owned a small bath and body products company. I manufactured, retailed, marketed, etc. all by myself. I was a busy woman! So, when my husband wanted to stop by our local farm supply store, I complained all the way down the aisles, about how I didn't have time to be there. Then... I saw the basket of chickens marked "fryers". I said, "People are going to eat these?"
That day... all those "Fryer" chickens came home with me as pets. And, although some of them turned out to be roosters, and I learned along the way that I couldn't keep all those roosters, and nature is cruel, and I had to give the roosters away to an unknown fate... that was the best side trip I ever took.
Today, I no longer own the bath and body product company. I built a farm, instead. Chickens, ducks, bees, etc. I'm having the time of my life.
Soap and lotion can't love you back. Chickens and ducks are the light of my life. Thank you, local farm store and husband for irritating me that day, and taking my precious time. It was so worth it.

How exciting! I don't have my home place yet but will have chickens & garden for my DH, myself and the hens. Good for you and your life change.

smile.png
All DH are irritating, It is genetic we can't help it :)

I owned a small bath and body products company. I manufactured, retailed, marketed, etc. all by myself. I was a busy woman! So, when my husband wanted to stop by our local farm supply store, I complained all the way down the aisles, about how I didn't have time to be there. Then... I saw the basket of chickens marked "fryers". I said, "People are going to eat these?"
That day... all those "Fryer" chickens came home with me as pets. And, although some of them turned out to be roosters, and I learned along the way that I couldn't keep all those roosters, and nature is cruel, and I had to give the roosters away to an unknown fate... that was the best side trip I ever took.
Today, I no longer own the bath and body product company. I built a farm, instead. Chickens, ducks, bees, etc. I'm having the time of my life.
Soap and lotion can't love you back. Chickens and ducks are the light of my life. Thank you, local farm store and husband for irritating me that day, and taking my precious time. It was so worth it.
Great story :)

Great story! You never know where your path is going to lead you and when and where you lease expect it, opportunity knocks!

Back
Top Bottom