Busy woman angry at farm store?

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by moms Tree, Dec 8, 2013.

1. moms Tree

moms Tree Out Of The Brooder

Sep 15, 2013
    I owned a small bath and body products company. I manufactured, retailed, marketed, etc. all by myself. I was a busy woman! So, when my husband wanted to stop by our local farm supply store, I complained all the way down the aisles, about how I didn't have time to be there. Then... I saw the basket of chickens marked "fryers". I said, "People are going to eat these?"
    That day... all those "Fryer" chickens came home with me as pets. And, although some of them turned out to be roosters, and I learned along the way that I couldn't keep all those roosters, and nature is cruel, and I had to give the roosters away to an unknown fate... that was the best side trip I ever took.
    Today, I no longer own the bath and body product company. I built a farm, instead. Chickens, ducks, bees, etc. I'm having the time of my life.
    Soap and lotion can't love you back. Chickens and ducks are the light of my life. Thank you, local farm store and husband for irritating me that day, and taking my precious time. It was so worth it.

2 people like this.
  2. Sheilak

Sheilak Out Of The Brooder

Oct 30, 2013
    Nevada
    How exciting! I don't have my home place yet but will have chickens & garden for my DH, myself and the hens. Good for you and your life change.

3. Whoops

Whoops Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 18, 2013
    Albuquerque, NM
    I am happy you had an irritating husband and schedule interruption that day!

4. 432bullet

432bullet Out Of The Brooder

Apr 18, 2013
    Anderson, mo
    [​IMG]All DH are irritating, It is genetic we can't help it :)

5. chicksurreal

chicksurreal Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 3, 2013
    Arizona
    Life has a way of giving you what you want, even if you don't know it at the time!!

Glad you were open to it! [​IMG]

6. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    It is our job to help spouses retain contact with reality. [​IMG]

7. RMo2

RMo2 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 22, 2012
    Ohio
    Great story :)

8. TwoCrows

TwoCrows Show me the way old friend... Staff Member

Mar 21, 2011
    New Mexico, USA
    My Coop
    Great story! You never know where your path is going to lead you and when and where you lease expect it, opportunity knocks!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by