"But MOM!!! We're not.... zzzzzzz"

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by joneus, Dec 3, 2011.

1. joneus

joneus Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 2, 2011
    Ballston Spa
    No- I'm sorry. I didnt get any pictures because it was 11pm and I am, for the time being, the only adult in the house.

So- picture if you will:

4 hyper active 2wk old chicks who have *just* figured out what those feathered appendages are for and are positively DELIGHTED by the fact that they can now sit on the top of the playpen because of them... Plus 1 tired 30yo woman who just wants to put the chicks back in the brooder and go to bed.

Said chicks, feeling rebellious and a bit indignant, start jumping up and flying into the top of the brooder (covered with bird netting) and squawking their disapproval, much to the dismay of said woman.

"So," says the Exasperated Woman to herself, "What would Mama Hen do?"

"Mama Hen would collect them up and sit on them." Says Exasperated Womans' maternal instinct.

Soon Exasperated Woman finds herself on her knees and elbows, knees wide, ankles crossed, arms crossed in front of her chest, and forehead on the floor, with 4 fuzzy, content baby chicken heads poking out over the arms of her baggy sweatshirt, nuzzled up against her neck and sound asleep.

Thankfully, Exasperated Woman is a yogi and is capable of holding that position for quite awhile, LOL!

(If I can get them to do it again when I have someone around, I'll get pics! It was so cute, LOL!)

2. 3goodeggs

3goodeggs pays attention sporadically

May 22, 2009
    North Central Florida
    Yay exasperated woman! a new super hero for the chicken masses! [​IMG]

3. teach1rusl

teach1rusl Love My Chickens

You painted a very clear picture...lol. It sounds very sweet - all baby creatures just want that feeling of warmth and safety, whether it's human or chicks. [​IMG]
    Maybe I need to take up yoga...my appendages are always falling asleep or cramping up when I'm snuggling my girls...

4. MNShepherdess

MNShepherdess Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 11, 2011
    Minnesota
    HAHAHA! I remember doing that with my goslings, they were always so much happier to go to sleep [​IMG] Did you cluck to them as well? ;-)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by