"But you always say, 'I didn't look hard enough'"

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Mahonri, May 25, 2010.

1. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    Pulled a lose incisor on my little girl yesterday evening and that darned tooth fairy didn't put any money on the pillow.

Of course I slipped some dinero to mom and she put it under the 'far' pillow.

Dontcha know the tooth fairy doesn't want to wake you up?

I'm just not the best at being the tooth fairy.

Go figure.

2. wegotchickens

wegotchickens DownSouth D'Uccles & Silkies

Jul 5, 2007
    Sevier County, TN
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

I always gave 4 quarters, tied into the corner of a baggie, replacing the tooth that was tied into the corner of a baggie.
    One night I didn't have quarters and had to tie a $1 bill into a baggie. My daughter cried when she saw it! And she didn't buy the excuse that paper $ is easier for the tooth fairy to carry.
    I had to break a 1 for the fairy [​IMG]

3. Buff Hooligans

Buff Hooligans Scrambled

Jun 11, 2007
    Quote:How ironic.

4. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop

I suppose it's cuz I'm the one that usually get's the money after the tooth is pulled.

5. mom'sfolly

mom'sfolly Overrun With Chickens

Feb 15, 2007
    Austin area, Texas
    When I was a kid my family always did the tooth in a glass of water. We were the only family that the tooth fairy did this with. I think it was easier for the tooth fairy not to wake the sleeping child. Of course we never got cash money....

6. Buff Hooligans

Buff Hooligans Scrambled

Jun 11, 2007

I suppose it's cuz I'm the one that usually get's the money after the tooth is pulled.

Well, I was going to say that but I didn't want to point out that you have a career slightly more lucrative than my own.

7. GoodKids

GoodKids Out Of The Brooder

Feb 22, 2010
    NW Indiana
    Easter morning the kids woke me up and cried "The Easter bunny forgot us!"

Thankfully, after the kiddos sadly went to make beds, get dressed, brush teeth, etc., etc. we noticed a plastic egg on the table (just can't figure out how we missed it [​IMG] ) with a clue inside that led to the mailbox. The mailbox had an egg with a clue that led to the sandbox, which led to the trampoline, which led to the chicken coop. And wouldn't ya know, that silly Easter bunny left their baskets in the windows of the coop! Whew! [​IMG]

8. PineappleMama

PineappleMama Chillin' With My Peeps

Hehe, we did that on my son's B-day... and wrote all the clues in RUNES... with a single rune in the corner.... after finding his small gifts per each clue then he had to translate AND unscramble the overall clue that led him to his big gift. The kids had a BLAST... one clue was "Where does A keep his dustbunnies"... under the bed... stuff like that.

Never thought of doing it for Easter though... hmmm *wicked grin*

I figure there's a reason that fairy has wings. God knows I can't walk through their dark room without stubbing at LEAST two toes and of course that means chocking back the *bleep* so you don't wake them.

9. A.T. Hagan

A.T. Hagan Don't Panic

Aug 13, 2007
    North/Central Florida
    We use the gold colored Sacagawea dollars for teeth. The kids call them Fairy Dollars and no common greenback is an acceptable replacement!

The Kinder Major is ten now and has long since realized who the real source of her Fairy Dollars is but she still plays the game. After all, you disrespect the Tooth Fairy and you don't get no more Fairy Dollars!

Which reminds me I need to go hunt some more up.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by