1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Butcher/Processor in northern WV?

Discussion in 'Meat Birds ETC' started by slab1, Jan 14, 2013.

1. slab1

slab1 Out Of The Brooder

Jan 7, 2013
    New to the forum. Haven't raised chickens since I was a kid. 2 kids of my own now so it's time to save money and teach some life lessons (i.e.- where does food come from, how to care for animals, work ethic, etc.). Plus we'd like to know what they are eating. Anyway, I'd like to raise 25 or 30 meat birds this spring/summer for the freezer. The one hold up is locating somewhere to butcher and process. I'd rather not do it myself. I'm located right off I-79, half an hour south of Morgantown, WV. Any leads?

Thanks!

2. Ridgerunner

Ridgerunner Chicken Obsessed

Feb 2, 2009
    Northwest Arkansas
    :frow Welcome to the forum! :frow Glad you joined us! :frow

Can’t help you much directly. You might talk to your county extension agent, in the phone book under county government. Maybe talk to people at the feed store. Maybe talk to your county health department and see if anyone is licensed to do it in your area. You can always post on Craigslist.

3. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by