Butler Bob White

fowllover

Chirping
7 Years
May 5, 2012
Missouri
Hello-

I am wanting to incubate some Butler eggs. From what I can gather, it appears it takes a little longer incubation period for them. How long does it really take? Does 24 days sound accurate?

Fat Daddy

Crowing
9 Years
Dec 11, 2010
Ks
Hello-

I am wanting to incubate some Butler eggs. From what I can gather, it appears it takes a little longer incubation period for them. How long does it really take? Does 24 days sound accurate?

I plan on 23 but have a brooder ready at 21 start see'n a few pips around there. but dont get excited till around 24 if you still have no pips.... your bator will have alot to do with time'n. A deg high = 22 days. A deg. low and you'll run long... Bill

cva34

Songster
8 Years
Aug 10, 2011
Van Vleck ,TX
I got 12 out of 12 in 23/24 days.There about 6 weeks old now and still got 12.There my first Butlers got eggs from Ebay in Joshua Tex.I also hatched 20+ Georgis Giants the same time .I kept them in seperate brooder but side by side ( same set up).Treated Same , went outside to same area side by side .If your gona catch a Georgia G be ready there wild..The Butlers will come right up and let you touch them.Just thought it was interesting...cva34

fowllover

Chirping
7 Years
May 5, 2012
Missouri
I plan on 23 but have a brooder ready at 21 start see'n a few pips around there. but dont get excited till around 24 if you still have no pips.... your bator will have alot to do with time'n. A deg high = 22 days. A deg. low and you'll run long... Bill
Thank you for the info Bill!

fowllover

Chirping
7 Years
May 5, 2012
Missouri
I got 12 out of 12 in 23/24 days.There about 6 weeks old now and still got 12.There my first Butlers got eggs from Ebay in Joshua Tex.I also hatched 20+ Georgis Giants the same time .I kept them in seperate brooder but side by side ( same set up).Treated Same , went outside to same area side by side .If your gona catch a Georgia G be ready there wild..The Butlers will come right up and let you touch them.Just thought it was interesting...cva34
That is interesting! Do you see a size difference between the groups?

cva34

Songster
8 Years
Aug 10, 2011
Van Vleck ,TX
Weight about the same .Butlers are Just lankier and feet are bigger.Just moved the Butlers to bigger cage 3X it was a piece of cake within 3 hours they were coming to my hand.Got to move the GG to a bigger one soon sure dread the Battle..I'll try to touch base with you now and then on how its progressing ...cva34

Top Bottom