Butler or Georgia Giant?

pascopol

Songster
11 Years
Jan 6, 2009
Tampa Bay
I want to try some Butler quails, but some pictures of Butlers on ebay eggs listings look very similar to Georgia Giant shown on hatcheries pictures.

When I inquired with one seller got an answer "I bought them as Butlers so they must be Butlers" . Obviously I did not buy this line or his eggs.

Also why none of the large hatcheries do not carry Butler eggs?

Is there really much difference in plumage and mostly important WEIGH between those two breeds or perhaps two strains of Bobwithes?

No Paul They Look Identical. Just Size And As A General Rule The Butlers Are A Tad Less Flighty.

As Far As The Bought Them As.... Guy? Yeah I Would Say Move On To The Next Supplier! You've Been Here And Seen Mine--- They Are Big Birds. Not All Are That Way, It Takes Selective Breeding And Alot Of Time To Sustain A Covey Of Xlg Butler Breeders. If I Have Hatched 1 Butler Egg I Have Hatched A Thousand, Yet Maybe 10-15% Made The Grade To Stay On As Breeders Here. If Your Shopping Ebay Look For The Gentleman In N Fla Holding A Pair Of Bantam Chicken Sized Butlers --- He's Wearing A Blue Shirt In The Background--- I Have Purchased Eggs From Him In The Past And Gotten Decent Results And Good Sized Birds. I Dont Buy Anything From Texaspoultry- Ever, But Thats Just Me...

Back
Top Bottom