1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

buttercup and two ISA browns??

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by zoeart, Aug 9, 2008.

1. zoeart

zoeart Out Of The Brooder

Jul 28, 2008
    Philadelphia
    Hi all,
    So I got three nice pullets from a woman with a horse barn who couldn't keep them - she raised them from chicks but didn't know what breeds or exactly how old- any ideas?
    I'm almost definite the small one is a Sicilian Buttercup ( she certainly has the temperament!)
    the other two -maybe ISA Brown?
    Also, any age estimates would be appreciated! Thanks!

( don't know why the images are so small- also go here for larger images:
    http://picasaweb.google.com/zoeart/Chickens)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 9, 2008
  2. LilPeeps

LilPeeps Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2007
    SE Mass
    What kind of comb does the first one have?

The other 2 look like red sex links.

3. zoeart

zoeart Out Of The Brooder

Jul 28, 2008
    Philadelphia
    the first one looks to be growing a stubby two- row comb, which is why i thought buttercup- it's still small though.

4. patandchickens

patandchickens Flock Mistress

Apr 20, 2007
    Ontario, Canada
    Two red (=brown) sex-links of SOME sort, certainly -- I don't think it's really very possible to tell what if any 'brand name' just by looking at them.

The other one, I can't really see the comb on your pix. But if it is double-rowed, then indeed Buttercup; if rosecomb wiht a spike, there is some color of Hamburg IIRC that has that color patter (golden pencilled??); if single comb, Golden Campine.

Certainly they're fairly young - the two sex-links look a bit less developed than the ISA Browns I got as 17-18 wk olds, if that helps slightly.

Nice coop btw!

Pat

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by