Buttercup comb with leghorn father 🤔

Isyovi

Songster
Apr 13, 2020
The Netherlands
In a previous post i asked some of you why my 'leghorns' had a crest on their heads. I got a couple of comments saying that they were not 100% leghorns and there could be a chance the mother could be a white crested blue polish. Now they are older, they have a buttercup comb and i think no blue polish has it. What could they really be?
20200803_150654.jpg

20200803_150712.jpg

20200803_150659.jpg

In a previous post i asked some of you why my 'leghorns' had a crest on their heads. I got a couple of comments saying that they were not 100% leghorns and there could be a chance the mother could be a white crested blue polish. Now they are older, they have a buttercup comb and i think no blue polish has it. What could they really be?
View attachment 2274529
View attachment 2274531
View attachment 2274533
Those are no way100 percent leghorn. Leghorns have single combs. That is a buttercup comb. Not sure what breed it could be though

I'm personally not familiar about what breeds are most likely in the Netherlands. They do possibly look similar to Swedish Flower Hens however. Do you know if you have Caumont in colors other than black? They're a French breed with buttercup combs.
I think they have caumonts in other colors. Both the breeds look kind of alike but the flowerhorn has only one comb and the caumont has broader tail feathers

Back
Top Bottom