1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Buttercup X anything

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by wclawrence, Dec 2, 2007.

1. wclawrence

wclawrence Chillin' With My Peeps

I am looking for a few good pics of the comb of any Buttercup x (anything.) Anyone with birds that are Half Buttercup or know the genetics involved in the comb (and how they breed) please post here. Thanks!

2. jenichick

jenichick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 1, 2007
    NC
    I have 6 chicks that are 5 weeks old and belong to my buttercup roo and their sex-link mom's. So far only two appear to be roos and they don't have buttercup combs yet though the two roos have combs developing they don't look like buttercup combs. I would post pics but they wouldn't do much good yet. I'm thinking the black sex-link genetics are dominant because they look like brown barred rocks instead of a sex-link or a buttercup.

3. johnnyjack

johnnyjack Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 21, 2007
    usa
    mr fathead is my rosecomb iv never seen a buttercup up close .except in pictures.

4. johnnyjack

johnnyjack Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 21, 2007
    usa
    cacklehatchery has some picture

Last edited: Dec 2, 2007
  5. Rosalind

Rosalind Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2007
    Okay, here are some pics from different angles. In the first one, the Buttercup is in the bottom left corner.
    [​IMG]

This one is kinda blurry but you can see his comb better.
    [​IMG]

It looked a bit like moose antlers when he was younger, before it grew in properly.

6. wclawrence

wclawrence Chillin' With My Peeps

Rosalind;
    If you were to breed the Buttercup rooster to that (is she a Golden Campine?) hen in the top pic, you would get some beautiful birds!
    Not that you dont already have beautiful birds. You do. Just saying is all.

7. Rosalind

Rosalind Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2007
    That's actually a Buttercup hen, not a Campine. They look similar though. You can't see it in the picture, but she also has a teeny little double comb.

I'd get some nervous, flighty birds, that's for sure. Not a huge fan of these Buttercups, I think I like the friendly birds better. They are pretty though.

8. jdypat

jdypat Chillin' With My Peeps

ive never seen anything like tht in my life.. how unique.. how ..owwwow..

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by