BUTTERCUPS Hatching eggs.....??

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Rare Feathers Farm, May 2, 2008.

1. Rare Feathers Farm

Rare Feathers Farm Overrun With Chickens

I came across an ad for Buttercup hatching eggs at the feedstore. I called the guy up & he shows/breeds them, along with a few other "critical breeds." I was hoping for Faverolles, but no luck. [​IMG]

He doesn't have the internet or a website...he's just an old farmer guy. I asked my hubby to go out to this guy's house with me (just in case)....so we're going on Sunday to check out his poultry farm. It's about an hour (one way) from our house....he has lots of other breeds, but I thought the Buttercups may be interesting, in particular....

Anyone want some eggs? [​IMG]

~Heather

2. hazelton farms

hazelton farms Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 4, 2008
    NC
    Did ya catch his name??

What else has he got?

Stacy

3. K&H Chicken Farm

K&H Chicken Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 17, 2008
    Redding CA
    I have been looking for Buttercups! Would be willing to buy them and ship to me? I would like about 2 doz. I could PM you with my phone number so you could call me with the price before buying.....then again if he does not want much for them........UGH!!!!! Ok if he wants under $15 for them a doz I want them.
    Shelly

What else does he have? ....this might hurt....

Last edited: May 2, 2008
  4. Rare Feathers Farm

Quote:His name is Edward Sunby (sp?)

He had kind of a scary place...LOL but his birds were nice. He had a small flock of Buttercups, some RIR (for eggs), some turkeys and some ducks. He was only selling the eggs 4 at a time....

5. Rare Feathers Farm

K&H Chicken Farm :

I have been looking for Buttercups! Would be willing to buy them and ship to me? I would like about 2 doz. I could PM you with my phone number so you could call me with the price before buying.....then again if he does not want much for them........UGH!!!!! Ok if he wants under $15 for them a doz I want them.
    Shelly

What else does he have? ....this might hurt....

He was only wanting to sell 4 at time...I guess because they don't lay that well?? I'm not sure?? I told him that I'd take 8+ of them....so he's going to save them up for me & give me a call when they are ready to be picked up & meet me 1/2 way. He won't ship the eggs--but I will!

I'd be willing to buy some for you & ship them to you--but I'd have to add in a little extra $ for myself, since gas is $3.80/gallon here! [​IMG]

If that's okay--I'd be willing to give it a try. The birds were pretty impressive...I've never seen combs like that, before!​

6. Rare Feathers Farm

I'll trade someone 6+ Buttercups for:

6+ Salmon Faverolles (Standards)
    or
    2+ Sebbie eggs...

Any takers?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by