Button baby colors...

Discussion in 'Quail' started by LynnA, Dec 5, 2011.

1. LynnA

LynnA Out Of The Brooder

Oct 13, 2011
    I am SO thrilled with the chicks I hatched out from Alexandra! They are calmer than the last group, will even jump onto my hand when I`m cleaning their pen and are amazing colors! I have 2 little ones that are feathering out into a color I`ve not seen before, not surprising since I am new to baby cbbq and I wanted to ask if anyone would tell me what their color is. One is a tuxedo and the other appears to be solid.

[​IMG]

Besides these two, I ended up with a silver tux, a bluefaced tux, 2 white, and 3 cinnamon chicks... [​IMG]

They are amazing! Thanks so much Alexandra!! [​IMG]

Lynn

2. Stellar

Stellar The Quail Lady

Feb 6, 2010
    Tampa Bay
    If it's the one in front it is a red breasted chick, possibly a black face red breasted male. The plummage looks a bit dark for a RB hen. Congrats on your babies!

3. LynnA

LynnA Out Of The Brooder

Oct 13, 2011
    Thanks so much! Its funny that I don't recognize a "normal" quail color! [​IMG] So the little one behind, is a tuxedo RB then?

4. The Critter Place

The Critter Place Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 13, 2011
    Tucson, Az.
    Lynn,
    They are sweet! [​IMG]

Congratulations on your new Babies.!

As far as color, cbbq come in so many it's amazing! Many of us are trying to learn the colors. lol...

I have a hatch from just 2 days ago, and i'll be here asking for help too. [​IMG] I hope Quaillady and Shelley don't leave town. ROFL!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by