Button Chick colour: please advice and some other questions. Thanks!

Discussion in 'Quail' started by evieblk, Dec 15, 2011.

1. evieblk

evieblk Out Of The Brooder

Nov 6, 2011
    have pictures of button chick below: what is this colour and what will it look like when it is an adult [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Also have other pics which need advice:

What is she? I am still trying to differentiate if its a pearl? or red breasted female?
    And what is he? a normal wild? My darling pair Brownie & Conan.
    [​IMG]

This is a GREEN egg she laid - its very rough, not smooth, matt finish not glossy. Is this egg normal?
    [​IMG]

And here are Brownie and Conan's 2 x white button teens, do they look normal?:
    [​IMG]

Would appreciate your kind advice.... thanks!

Last edited: Dec 15, 2011
  2. Stellar

Stellar The Quail Lady

Feb 6, 2010
    Tampa Bay
    You have a wild color blue breasted hen and red breasted male.

They apparently carry cinnamon (the one chick) and silver?

3. evieblk

Nov 6, 2011
    Oh wow you are so lovely! thanks for letting me know. I have so many pics of my buttons of various colours ~ love them [​IMG] So yellow + red lines chick will become a cinnamon adult. My first chick of that colour. I have 5white teens now from Brownie & Conan. Thanks so much [​IMG]

4. evieblk

Nov 6, 2011
    Quote:How can we tell it is a blue breasted hen? I cant see any blue in her and how can we tell the difference between a blue breasted, red breasted and pearl?
    As for the red breasted male, is this just the wild red breasted? It doesnt have dark feathers on its back - just lighter brown....

I am really wanting to be able to identify their types/colours, but of course dont have that vast of variety of colour in my collection [​IMG]
    Is it ok if i took pictures and you could advice me, Quail Lady?

Many thanks for your help! Cheers![​IMG]

5. ruthless

ruthless Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 7, 2010
    Mount Vernon, Mo
    Try quaillady's website listed under her post to see lots of pic and color varieties.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by