1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Button color ID

Discussion in 'Quail' started by Otter22, Nov 15, 2010.

1. Otter22

Otter22 Out Of The Brooder

Oct 13, 2010
    Northern California
    So I hatched out 15 little button quail the other day and was wondering if anyone had any thoughts on colors.

I also have a pic of one of my hens and was wondering about her color too.

Thanks, John

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Stellar

Stellar The Quail Lady

Feb 6, 2010
    Tampa Bay
    The hen is a Cinnamon

Didn't you ask Jodi first?? [​IMG] You know who I am [​IMG]

Ok all the way in the back, wild, wild, wild, wild, silver/white/pied (the yellow ones are the surprise ones)--> Wild is Chinese Blue Breasted (they can get red breasts, those are normal red breasteds)
    Second row butt, is that a really dark chick or a brown with stripes? If really dark, blue face, if brown with stripes, then wild, all the way in the end wild
    Third row, pied and cinnamon
    second to all the way in the front (these babies are practicing for cheerleading or something?) Looks like cinnamon blue face? the one all the way in the front cinnamon.

That was for the first picture

Last edited: Nov 15, 2010
  3. Otter22

Otter22 Out Of The Brooder

Oct 13, 2010
    Northern California
    I have not asked Jodi yet I thought about trying to post on the button forum but new how to post here better.

Maybe I will just send her a pic. And yes I do know who you are in both areas love your website and just got my eggs from you today.

Lots to learn and thank you for your help.

I thought I had a lot of wilds and Jodi did say the all yellow ones and do some fun things looking forward to seeing what comes out.

John

4. Buttercup Chillin

Buttercup Chillin Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 27, 2008
    SouthEast TX
    Oh, look at that first picture, this side of the water fountain. cinnamon stipey baby. Pretty
    2nd picture blueish by the brick. Now these stand out and want to have pretty names.

Pretty little eye candy. See, I just knew someone would show us some babies tonight, well now its morning. [​IMG]

edited because I can't spell or type.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2010
  5. Stellar

Stellar The Quail Lady

Feb 6, 2010
    Tampa Bay
    Haha, I didn't know you were the same "John" [​IMG] It's a small world! Enjoy the babies. They really do grow fast!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by