Button Eggs Fertile? *Opened Up Pics of Eggs*

Griffin Nest

Crowing
13 Years
Aug 7, 2010
I have 3 button quail. 2 Female and one male. I get 2 eggs a day from them. My male is... slow. He's not like the normal quail. He doesn't run away or freak out, and I never even TRIED taming him. He's just like that.

Every time I collect the eggs (which is about every 2-3 days) I open every single one up. Every time it's the same thing. I see a little blastodisc (looks like a white speck) which means that they are infertile. Lately, my male quail has been acting very affectionate to the females. (I've seen him grooming them, giving them food, and being interested in the eggs they lay. It's very cute ) So I let my female lay on the eggs for one day. I've let her sit on eggs before, hoping that when I open them I will see something, but I never do. But today, I opened some and saw something totally different! There were fuzzy large masses on the middle of the yolk. I also opened one up that was layed just before I broke it open, and it didn't look like the white speck I'm used to. It looked like a fuzzy eye. I open them because I don't want chicks anyway, but in the future near I'm deciding to incubate more button eggs. I was already planning on just ordering fertile eggs, but if these eggs are fertile, I won't NEED to order any!

So... ARE THESE FERTILE?!

64972_7_alisons_vids_037.jpg

The one on the very left was sat on for about 30 hours, and my other quail snuck a few in so they are about a day old, and the one on the very right is the one that was just laid.

the four that i can see clearly enough DO look FERTILE, so good for you, might wanna wait for jj to come along, or quailladyoffortmyers she is a button quail guru

Back
Top Bottom