Button Eggs, YAY!

Discussion in 'Quail' started by PoultryParadise, Dec 21, 2010.

1. PoultryParadise

PoultryParadise Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 30, 2010
    I finally got a button egg yesterday. I am sooo happy. I got another one today.
    Sooooo, what do I do with them? Besides eat or incubate them I mean. My incubator is way too big to turn it on right now with just a few button eggs, and I will eat them if I can not find a neater thing to do with them.

2. ChickieBooBoo

ChickieBooBoo Cold Canadian Chick

Dec 2, 2009
    Canada
    Hmm, good question, I have some in the incubator due like right now. I wonder how many of them it would take to make an omlete? [​IMG]

3. Buttercup Chillin

Buttercup Chillin Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 27, 2008
    SouthEast TX
    Blow them out, eat the eggs or freeze them and add to them as you get them. Rinse them out good and let them air dry.

Make a pair of earings or string the eggs on very fine chain or fishing line, tiger tail, whatever for a very delicate necklace. If you decide on the jewelry, I would suggest that you coat them in clear nail polish to add strenth to the eggs and help keep the shells intact.

You can also just set blown eggs in a pretty bowl and admire them.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2010
  4. PoultryParadise

Nov 30, 2010
    I like the jewelry idea. How do you go about getting them nice and hard?

5. ADozenGirlz

ADozenGirlz The Chicken Chick[IMG]emojione/assets/png/00ae.png

Oct 18, 2009
    Connecticut
    Quote:You could use Modge Podge. That's what I use on my blown egg Christmas tree ornaments. Works great!

6. PoultryParadise

Nov 30, 2010
    Modge Podge, excellent. Anyone have pictures of what they've done with eggs?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by