Button laid an egg today

Discussion in 'Quail' started by mochicken, May 7, 2011.

1. mochicken

mochicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2011
    NW Missouri
    I went out to take the lil Button Quail some fresh food and water today when I found an egg [​IMG], I am actually glad to see it because my uncle who gave them to me told me he would find an egg or two in with them once in a while so I guess that means they are settling in to their new home since thats the first egg in two weeks here.

If there is anyone in Northwest Missouri that would like some hatching eggs email me or message me here because I am not currently hatching them and they will just go to waste, I would rather see them go to a good place that can incubate them

2. mochicken

Apr 27, 2011
    NW Missouri
  3. Whitehouse Quail

Whitehouse Quail Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2009
    Michigan
    [​IMG] and thus the addiction to hatching begins..... pop that baby in the incubator with it's siblings in a week!

4. mochicken

Apr 27, 2011
    NW Missouri
    you have to wait a week to incubate them?

5. Whitehouse Quail

Whitehouse Quail Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2009
    Michigan
    Quote:Well, no. But if you want to collect all the eggs between now and then, you have the perfect balance of a lot of eggs, and they all aren't old enough that they won't hatch. It's the best of both worlds. [​IMG]

6. ruthless

ruthless Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 7, 2010
    Mount Vernon, Mo
    No need to waste them even if you don't incubate them. They are good for people to eat or feed to the dogs or scramble/boil and mash up for your chickens/birds. All enjoy scrambled eggs and LEAVE the shell in that is fine..............more calcium.

7. mochicken

Apr 27, 2011
    NW Missouri
    ahhh gotcha, I am going to pick up an automatic egg turner tomorrow, maybe thats a sign that I need to quit procrastinating lol

8. mochicken

Apr 27, 2011
    NW Missouri
    Had another egg today, it was from another bird though lol I am hoping to see alot more eggs in the future.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by