Button quail Egg-topsy from float test..... **pictures**GRAPHIC!!!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by jfulcher, Jun 22, 2011.

1. jfulcher

jfulcher Chillin' With My Peeps

May 24, 2011
    Tucson, AZ 85712
    Okay so I had terrible temp variations so I did a float test.... Here are the pictures of the eggs I dissected:
    Dead Embryo(should have been 14 days progress)
    [​IMG]
    Embryo and Dud
    [​IMG]
    I will admit I was scared to do the float test.... I knew I would have lost some... Idk if others were too young to tell from the float test so I didn't pay mind to the results with them.. But 2 of my 3 due thursday are still supposedly viable! And about 8 of my 12 floated... Sooo... I think as long as I have no quitters then things should be peachy.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2011
  2. quintinp

quintinp Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 22, 2010
    Southern Oklahoma
    yeah me and you do have the same coleman ice cooler incubator, sorry about the ones that died, did any move while they were in the water?

3. chickenbottom

chickenbottom Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 30, 2008
    hollister, florida
    might want to put graphic in your title some people might find it that way. hope you get a bunch of babies from the remainders

4. jfulcher

May 24, 2011
    Tucson, AZ 85712
    Quote:How do you change topic subject??? I apologize if it was graphic [​IMG] broke my heart....

5. chickenbottom

Dec 30, 2008
    hollister, florida
    Quote:How do you change topic subject??? I apologize if it was graphic [​IMG] broke my heart....

i dont think its graphic just a learning experiance. sorry for your losses hope the remaining ones hatch and are very healthy buttons

6. jfulcher

May 24, 2011
    Tucson, AZ 85712
    Quote:Duh ok figured it out.

7. jfulcher

May 24, 2011
    Tucson, AZ 85712

i dont think its graphic just a learning experiance. sorry for your losses hope the remaining ones hatch and are very healthy buttons

Very big learning experience... It scared and hurt me to crack open one of my "babies"..

8. chickenbottom

Dec 30, 2008
    hollister, florida
    i think most of us hatchers have done it we wanna know what went wrong and how far along did it go.

9. jfulcher

May 24, 2011
    Tucson, AZ 85712
    Quote:I felt I HAD to know... And knowing one wasnt fertile let me know ok I didnt do anything wrong to it, and the dead one looked fine, just looked like it quit... idk..

10. quintinp

quintinp Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 22, 2010
    Southern Oklahoma
    hey jfulcher, is your incubator running a lot better now

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by