Button Quail Eggs and Nurture Right 360 question

Lorws

Hatching
Jan 22, 2021
Hello,

I am wondering if anyone uses the nurture right 360 for incubating button quail eggs? If so how do you place them in the turner so the eggs get turned properly? Any advice would be appreciated

thanks!

Hi there, I don’t use it for buttons, but it works fine for coturnix with 2 in each slot. I put 2 in each with the fat ends facing each other and the pointy ends pointing out away from each other. The fat ends tend to slide past each other less, if the pointy ends face each other, they often gather together and get stuck side by side.

To test how they turn, put a mark on a few eggs of different sizes and try each one in a different row. The outer rows will turn further and the inner rows turn less. Look at how far each turns based on the placement of the mark, I’m estimating that button eggs in the furthest slot might turn 3/4 or a full rotation. If it is less than a full turn it’s fine, but if it’s a full turn, you wouldn’t want to put them in the furthest row. I feel pretty confident your eggs will turn a good distance in the two inner rows, but it’s good to check.

ive recently printed a quail turner, and I’m using it on its maiden voyage, and so far it’s working great. With the big turner, I would adjust the egg placement each morning and night, because a couple would get knocked wonky. The quail turner holds 45, 1 more than normal doubling up, and they all turn smoothly.

1740B44B-49F1-4DED-85E0-DD095483786C.jpeg
4D4A80EC-2932-4FE2-A9C8-59B2FD9255A2.jpeg

Ohhh button, i have somthing similar my problem with buttons in this style turning is its meant for quail and chicken so u have to keep a eye on the button eggs since it can stop a turn with them on a awkward position like upside down, which makes it hard for them to hatch when times come

Hi there, I don’t use it for buttons, but it works fine for coturnix with 2 in each slot. I put 2 in each with the fat ends facing each other and the pointy ends pointing out away from each other. The fat ends tend to slide past each other less, if the pointy ends face each other, they often gather together and get stuck side by side.

To test how they turn, put a mark on a few eggs of different sizes and try each one in a different row. The outer rows will turn further and the inner rows turn less. Look at how far each turns based on the placement of the mark, I’m estimating that button eggs in the furthest slot might turn 3/4 or a full rotation. If it is less than a full turn it’s fine, but if it’s a full turn, you wouldn’t want to put them in the furthest row. I feel pretty confident your eggs will turn a good distance in the two inner rows, but it’s good to check.

ive recently printed a quail turner, and I’m using it on its maiden voyage, and so far it’s working great. With the big turner, I would adjust the egg placement each morning and night, because a couple would get knocked wonky. The quail turner holds 45, 1 more than normal doubling up, and they all turn smoothly.

View attachment 2498875View attachment 2498870
Did u 3d print it ur self? Or pay for it ?

Ohhh button, i have somthing similar my problem with buttons in this style turning is its meant for quail and chicken so u have to keep a eye on the button eggs since it can stop a turn with them on a awkward position like upside down, which makes it hard for them to hatch when times come
I’m wonder if 2 button eggs can fit one in front of the other, so you could use pipe cleaners or something to narrow the slot, and they’ll roll nicely laying down.

Damn lucky !!, i been wondering about that idea but for buttons,
I’m testing mine now to make sure it works great and the eggs hatch well, but if you find an stl file for one that fits your bator I’m happy to print it and mail it at cost of ingredients and postage. I’m looking to make an eBay and Etsy store but I want to test things first, you are welcome to be my guinea pig.

View attachment 2498875View attachment 2498870
This is awesome. :bow Acknowledging the skillz.

Back
Top Bottom